Golden Confirmation at Hermannsburg

| September 4, 2013 | 0 Comments

Hermannsburg School, founded in 1856 by German Lutheran missionaries in KwaZulu- Natal, has always maintained its strong ties to the Lutheran church. Since the Past Pupils’ Association strongly supports the activities of the school, the Golden Confirmation seemed a meaningful occasion to invite those who were confirmed at Hermannsburg 50 years ago back to the school.

The occasion was celebrated with 20 of the confirmation candidates from 1963. The Saturday evening took the form of a casual get-together at one of the school’s facilities. On Sunday, a more formal celebration of the Golden Milestone followed in the local Lutheran church, where the candidates had been confirmed all those many years ago. The celebratory service was prepared by Pastor Burgert Brand and the church council, and the women’s guild prepared a sumptuous lunch for the congregation, the jubilee confirmation candidates and their families and special guests. The choir sang, the chapel band of the school accompanied hymns, the organist was at her post, the brass band played its part, the pastor accompanied some hymns on the guitar and so each one played their part in the celebration of this special occasion.

Category: Spring 2013

About the Author ()

News posts added for Independent Education by Global Latitude DMA

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *